Wednesday, October 27, 2010

NYC 2010

Greetings! After a long hiatus I am returning to The Path and breathing new life in to this here blog. First, just a little update... I am currently living in Brooklyn, New York with my lovely boyfriend Noah, and working as a freelance photographer with a day job. Receptionist by day, freelance photographer by night... I am just thankful that after a year of nannying, waitressing, and working on contract projects I am finally settling in to some kind of structure. Although it amazes me that in New York it feels almost impossilble to ever really create a balance, its either too much work and not enough free time, or too much free time and no money. My goal in the next six months or so is to get my working life settled enough that I can return to doing some of the things I want to do in my free time... Like work on my photography, ceramics and this blog...

For the last year or so I have been involved as an advisor/ editor with a really cool literary and photographic magazine called Cousin Corinne, publised through BookCourt, a fantastic community book store in Brooklyn. We are working on putting issue two together right now and I am in the process of editing a Guatemala portfolio from my trip there in April.
Today, I will just be posting text, but when I have time I will put up some of the photos we are thinking about using for the publication to share a little preview with whoever out there is interested. www.cousincorinne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment